Friday, February 19, 2010

waiting, sweetheart, just waiting

Still no word on where Reuters is going to send me. I'm pretty sure the only two options are Mexico City and Buenos Aires, and after the stress of thinking I wasn't going to get it at all, I'd be happy going to either one.

Overall, though, Buenos Aires would be my first choice. (Aside from the fact that it would be winter. Stupid Southern Hemisphere. I don't want a whole year of winter!) But really - my friend Nate studied there a couple summers ago, and told me that he'd connect me with his host brother and all his futbol-playing Argentinean friends. Chya! (Except they all have mullets. No love for the mullet.)

The thing is, Mexico City in July and August would be miserable. Sweltering and sticky and 20 million people and horrible pollution and people getting their heads chopped off. I'm kind of partial to my head and don't want it chopped off...

...but Mexico City is the cultural and historical capital of Latin America. It'd probably be way more exciting than Buenos Aires.

We shall see. God's plan has been pretty good so far; I think I can trust him to pick my location for me.

Love always,
molly

1 comment:

KL said...

what if you went to Mexico City and they just chopped your hair off...like in mullet-like fashion...best of both worlds, obviously.