Saturday, February 20, 2010

hola! tienes bigotes?

I think I'll blog about things I want to happen more often. 2 hours after writing that last one, I got an email from my professor. He forwarded me the message from the guy at Reuters, who said:

"...our LatAm editors have decided to accept Molly and send her to our Santiago, Chile bureau..."

Santiago??? I didn't even think it was an OPTION!

I'm going to Chile! For 10 weeks. Starting as close to June 14 as I can swing it.

Chile. Que guay. I don't know ANYONE in Chile. Pero bueno. I didn't know anyone in Port Townsend, either, or really in Spain, and look how that turned out.

I'm looking forward to Skype parties with everyone, especially with Katie, who will be in Paris for a month and has insisted that our Skype calls be "Mustaches Only!!" oui oui, senor!

Love always,
molly

2 comments:

nancy said...

woohoo. Nikki DeLeon is in Chile teaching--she just left. You should read "Travels in a Thin Country" now. (Then write a better travel memoir!)

KL said...

we're gonna skype on the 17th. or i shall have to drown my sorrows.
please don't make me.