Wednesday, September 30, 2009

we got it good, whether you like this town or not

KL, this won't be 2000 words. This has to be brief, because I have to go to work soon. Bah. I don't like being a grown-up.

But I do like my work. Man, when am I going to figure out that nothing is as bad as I expect it to be? Let's examine the past year, shall we?
Molly goes to Spain: "Wahhh I'm not going to have any friends!" Spain was amazing.
Molly comes home: "Wahhh I don't want to leave!" Reunited with everyone & lived with Katie. Amazing.
Molly goes home for the summer: "Wahhhh Sears!" ...okay, that one was pretty bad.
Molly goes to Port Townsend: "Wahhhh extrovert living on my own..." Made lots of amazing friends.
Molly works at Seattle Times: "Wahhh it won't be as cool as Port Townsend."
And now...?

Well, I have to say that it's not as fun as Port Townsend. Nothing could be, really. There's no hippies and no Water Front Pizza. But I like it. It's not scary and corporate, the people are fun, and - BEST OF ALL - I don't have to get anyone coffee. Chya. Turns out, "Cafe" is what their Intranet is called. Who knew.

And now I'm actually writing a story. !! For the SEATTLE TIMES. Jeez I can't get over that. It's about this local outreach group that's going to Peru this winter to build a community center. Guess who I'm interviewing in about an hour? The woman in Peru who planted the idea.

IN SPANISH.

Oh yes. I told Roman last night, and he said, Aww, look how useful you are! psh. Your face, Roman. Because really, I'm so excited to get to interview someone in Spanish. Plus, I just had my Spanish class, so I'm thinking in that language now. Perfecto.

In other news....I'm still chewing ice. All of ze time.
Also, I need to learn to meditate, because I'm stressing myself out so much over random things that I can't sleep.
Also, today was one of those beautiful crisp fall days that make me want to buy school supplies and drink hot cider. Breathe deep, Seattle.

All right, me voy a trabajar.

Love always,
molly

3 comments:

Sarah said...

GIRL GET YOUR IRON TESTED.

that makes you chew ice.

kthxbai.

nancy said...

cool. (I'd say it in spanish if i knew spanish.) I'm headed to (cold) Ashland tomorrow (after all).

KL said...

I have a confession to make. A certain woman--I'm not saying who--came through the drive through the other day (16oz Iced Vanilla Latte) and told me that you loved your first day. So I already knew, I just wanted to hear it from your own...hands/fingers.
Again, happy for you and that you are my friend.

In other news--
STOP CHEWING ICE! GAH.

thank you for the blog!