Thursday, August 27, 2009

hells to the yeah

4:43 this afternoon, I get a phone call on my cell.

"Hi, Molly, this is Mark Higgins from the Seattle Times."
"Oh! Hi! How are you?" Bolt from the newsroom to get perfect reception, crossing fingers.
"I'm doing well. I just wanted to talk about your schedule for when you're gonna be working with us."
Beat.
"Wait, you mean I GOT IT?!" Almost fall off the landing into the parking lot below.
"Well, yeah, I have a note in front of me that says you got it - -"
"YEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"
"-- I'm glad to break the news..."
"YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!"

etc.

So yeah, I got the internship.

I mean, I GOT THE INTERNSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seattle Times, baby. I'm movin' on up.

Only sad thing is that I don't have anyone with whom to celebrate. I had a chocolate milkshake, but what I really want is a hug. And some joint jumping around. That'd do it.

Love always,
molly

4 comments:

nancy said...

we're jumping here. woohoo!

Rebecca said...

If you here in Richland, I would be in my car right now driving to see you and give you a hug. Next time you are here, a celebratory hug is in order (and maybe a celebratory dance, too). So excited for you!!!!
Rebecca

Sarah said...

you want a joint?
i thought that was what i read...
congrats friend! i will call soon!

KL said...

as I sit in a zombie state, reading blogs when I should be passed out, my coherent heart celebrates for you.
p.s. i could totally see you and sarah passing a joint around. (next time, in women tent...)