Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I love Switchfoot

Wish I had what I needed
to be on my own
'cause I feel so defeated
and I'm feeling alone

And it all seems so helpless
and I have no plans
I'm a plane in the sunset
with nowhere to land

And all I see,
it could never make me happy
And all my sandcastles
spend their time collapsing

Let me know that you hear me,
Let me know your touch
Let me know that you love me,
Let that be enough

:::

She turns like the ocean,
she tells no emotion,
she's been gunning down the fight
She's just reminiscing,
blood sweat and one thing's missing
She's been breaking up inside, inside

Singing without tongues
screaming without lungs
I want more than my lonely nation,
I want more than my lonely nation
Desperate, we are young
separate, we are one
I want more than my desperation,
I want more than my lonely nation

Don't leave me hollow,
I'm tired
Don't leave me hollow,
I'm tired of feeling low,
of feeling hollow

:::

Everyone's been scared to death of dying here alone

She is easier than love,
it's easier than life,
it's easier to fake and smile and bribe

it's easier to lie
it's easier to leave,
it's harder to face ourselves at night,
feeling alone,
what have we done?
What is the monster we've become?
Where is my soul?

:::

Rumor has it you love me
Rumor has it the world spins upside down
Rumor has it my only hope is in you
And the rumors are true

I turn everything over,
I turn myself in
I turn everything over,
I turn myself in
There's nothing left to me to defend,
I turn everything over
I turn myself in

:::

This week I'm indebted to those who listened to me when I needed to talk: Mary, Michelle, Michael (alliteration? weird), Katie, Talia - I don't think they'll ever know how much their support means to me. But they're pretty much incredible.

P.S., This is possibly the first year of my life that I haven't made a little red and green paper chain to count down to Christmas. But seriously, guys - it's only 16 days away! I miss Christmas music and Christmas movies. I can't remember what prompted it, but yesterday I had this random longing to watch The Santa Clause. Maybe I'll have a weird little catch-up movie party when I come home.

Love always,
molly

No comments: