Wednesday, October 8, 2008

decisions, decisions

To stay for a year or go home in December.

That's the question.

Pros of going home:
1. I'd get to live with my dear friend/former roommate in a sweet apartment
2. I'd be able to complete my journalism major AND honors requirements on time (probably)
---I could just go with a Spanish minor.
3. I could possibly study abroad some other time, some other country
4. I wouldn't come home impossibly broke and thousands of dollars in debt to my parents
5. I wouldn't have to stay here after all but 1 of my close friends have gone home
6. I wouldn't have to go to Gibraltar to get Reese's.
7. I could see my family, friends, everyone
8. I could get a job and earn money, instead of just spending it (related to No. 4)
9. I wouldn't have to worry about my host dad doing another imbecilic flip-out on me
10. I would be living in a country whose language I actually speak.

Cons:
1-infinity.

I love it here.

I need to find a completely disinterested party (which eliminates parents, friends back home, friends here...everyone) who can make the choice for me.

....alguien? alguien? bueller?

Sigh.

balls.

Love always,
molly

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think I am an independent, unbiased opinion...

I am not at home. I won't see you regardless of where you are. I like study abroad. I like Washington.

Let's talk!

KL said...

I like #6. Probably the best argument both ways. ;0

Don't you just live for decisions such as these?! To leave Spain, to stay in Spain. To be a Trainee, to not be a Trainee. To spend all your money searching Antarctica for Unicorns, to stay home and only dream of such an experience. These are the realities we all face daily.
I can't offer you a decision (you should know how bad I am at those), I can't offer you an absolute. I can offer you prayer, virtual comments on blogs, and promise of a Reeses when you come home, whether it's in December or May.