Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I like late-night skype talks about poetry

So I told Ella I was going to sleep. Oops. Didn't mean to lie, and I do have an awful headache, but I just had to post. Ay, mi.

I have a 3-page list of things I miss from home, ranging from grass (they have NONE here!) to 24-hour supermarkets (lazy effing Spaniards and their siesta) (no hatin' on the siesta, but srsly) to my dad's singing "Oh what a beautiful morning" to wake me and Mark up. It's probably not the smartest thing to do, but I can't help it.

Talked to my director today, finally; I'd been avoiding it, thought she'd be mad at me, but it went well. It's official:

I'm coming home in December.

Prepáraos.

Love always,
molly

P.S. Read "El Exilio," also by Alberti, about his friend Federico Garcia Lorca, who was killed in a mass execution. "Federico./ Tú te reías como nadie / decías tú todas tus cosas / como ya nadie las dirá." Me rompe el corazón.

2 comments:

ella ordona said...

i do it all the time (tell people i'm going to bed and then stay up to do something else)

i loved our poem sharing today!

KL said...

I think this quote pretty much sums it up:
"The worst thing about Europe is that you can't go out in the middle of the night and get a Slurpee." -Tellis Frank