Wednesday, November 10, 2010

you could've just propped me up on the table like a mannequin

I have a really good memory. Not eidetic, but still good. I never forget a face, so I have to do that awkward pretend-not-to-know-people-I-see-because-I-know-they-won't-recognize-me thing. I remember conversations I have; I remember what people were wearing; I remember random things people tell me--funny stories, secrets, dreams, hopes, whatever. The more important the person is to me, the more I remember what they say and do. And then I have that annoying ability to recite movies as I watch them, because I remember lines word for word.

Wouldn't it be awesome if everyone had a good memory?

Love always,
molly

4 comments:

KL said...

2 words:
Boondock Saints.

nancy said...

hey, I do that pretend thing, too. actually, I creep people out when I remember them, so I just don't mention it anymore.

David said...

Pruebita:
Spanish 201, cuento/cuenta...

molls said...

jaja! claro que me acuerdo: cuento = story, like little red riding hood. La cuenta is the bill you pay at a restaurante. and David put slides up on the overhead to make sure we could tell the difference. I must say, I haven't mixed them up since!