Tuesday, November 23, 2010

oh, how he loves us

This morning, I talked with Kaetochi about what redemption means. (She answered seriously, too, even though I originally posed my question as "You redeem a coupon for pizza; am I the coupon or the pizza?") Last week or the week before, she posted this video on my wall. Tonight then, my good friend Liz (currently serving as an intern here at UPC) spoke at church about the depth and breadth of God's redeeming love...and then we sang How He Loves Us.

This may be going out on a limb here, but I think someone's trying to get my attention.

Liz talked tonight about her imaginary box of "Things God can't or won't redeem." I think a box is too limiting; I may have an ocean tanker filled with those things.

Liz told me another thing almost two years ago--she's quite wise, that girl--that has stuck with me ever since and keeps coming to mind: When I'm feeling on top of things and righteous and Christian, God doesn't love me any more or any less than when I know that I'm the most despicable thing on Earth.

So I know what I'm supposed to know. All that remains is to accept it and live into it and let go of all the things that keep breaking me down.

We are his portion and He is our prize,
drawn to redemption by the grace in his eyes.
If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.


Love always,
molly

No comments: