Monday, April 19, 2010

ho-hum deedly dum ka-boom.

Things to do this week:

--Research Supreme Court justices to predict what questions our fake-justices will ask in Moot Court.
--Read 60-page Morse brief for Moot Court.
--Learn to be a lawyer.
--Prepare petitioner's side for Morse v. Fredrick case for Moot Court (for Friday).
--Read all of Supreme Conflict (by Friday).
--Write a 5-page paper about how the Dominican Republic views itself (due Friday).
--Write a 5-page paper about one of the amendments in the Bill of Rights and why it was included (due Thursday).
--Write story proposal for Global Health Reporting; talk to Harborview and SeaMar sources to figure out what the story is.

This may be the quarter where I finally get screwed by my procrastination and have to grow out of it...I can keep my head straight on 3 classes at a time, but that 4th one just gets dropped from the radar. Global Health, Com&Canada, Mass Media Law and Poli-Sci. Demasiado.

If I ask before the night before they're due, one or both of those papers could get extended. But I think I can do it, once I sit down and figure out my sources.

It's the moot court thing that has me freaked out. I may seem like I enjoy arguing, but not in this setting. KL, I can't even punch anyone! Jeez louise. But really - while we're giving our prepared statements, the "justices" can interrupt at any time and pick apart your argument. I'm thoroughly nerve-wracked.

I know I'm awesome, but couldn't they have picked someone else to be the attorney? Sheesh.

Love always,
molly


3 comments:

KL said...

at least you're not defending Russia.
Then you'd really be screwed.

  said...

Defending Russia would be awesome.

And I completely understand what you mean - I used to be able to juggle three classes and the fourth one would always get ignored. Then, somehow, it went down to two classes. I have no idea why this is.

  said...

Oh, and this is Sammi. JUST SO YOU KNOW.